As a cannabis user, you have several ways to enjoy your favorite products. Some people choose to use one method only, while others vary their consumption methods based on their mood. In this article, we’ll go over some of the most popular ways to use cannabis. We’ll talk about how to pack a bowl, roll a joint, and hit a dab so that you can decide which method (or methods) might be right for you.
How to Pack a Bowl
You can’t add ground cannabis buds to the bowl of a pipe and expect a great experience. How you pack the bowl matters. Before you get started, you’ll need a few essential supplies, including
- A quality pipe
- A grinder
- A heating element (a conventional lighter works well here)
You’ll also need to decide if you want to use a screen in your pipe or not. The screen helps prevent the inhalation of burnt cannabis bits.
Now, on to how to pack a bowl:
- Loosely grind your chosen buds so that they’re even but not too fine
- Add the ground cannabis to your bowl, packing a bit at a time
- Pack the buds loosely at the bottom and denser toward the top
- Light your bowl and enjoy
Rolling a Joint
Joints are the classic method of cannabis consumption. If you’re new to smoking cannabis, start with half a gram of flower and regular-sized rolling papers. You’ll also need a grinder and a crutch.
To roll your joint:
- Grind your cannabis flower
- Make a crutch (some packs of rolling papers come with crutch material in their packaging)
- Fill your joint and shape it
- Pack the cannabis by pinching the paper and rolling it between your fingers
- Roll the joint carefully and moisten the glue to seal it
- Pack the open end (the backside of a pen can be helpful for this) and twist the paper closed
- Light your joint and enjoy
With a bit of practice, you’ll be rolling perfect joints in no time.
Taking a Dab Hit
Dabbing is one of the most popular methods of cannabis concentrate consumption. If you’ve never used one before, a dab rig might appear a bit intimidating. Once you get the hang of it, though, you’ll be taking hits like a pro.
So, how does one take a dab hit? The process is actually fairly simple. First, you’ll need a dab rig. They come in various sizes and shapes. Nails come in all kinds of materials, including glass, quartz, ceramic, and titanium. If you’re new to dabbing, titanium is an excellent place to start.
Before you start, you’ll need a few items:
- The dab rig
- A carb cab (this isn’t necessary, but it can help to regulate airflow)
- Your concentrate
- A dabber tool
- A torch
To take a hit from a dab rig:
- Use your dabber tool to get a very small amount of your chosen concentrate (leave it to the side for now)
- Heat your nail using a torch (you want to make it very hot)
- Allow the nail to cool for 10 to 45 seconds (10 for titanium)
- Apply your dab to the nail and inhale slowly through the mouthpiece
- Rotate the dabber tool to ensure you get every last bit of concentrate
- Cover the nail with the carb cab and finish inhaling
- Exhale your hit (you don’t need to hold it in)
Which Method Is Right for You?
The great thing about cannabis is that there’s no one correct way to use it. You have your pick of consumption methods depending upon your personal preferences. These are just three of the many ways to take in cannabinoids and achieve your desired results. If you’re not sure which method is right for you, try out a few and see which ones you like best.